All images and content copyright Terri Paulson-Sasaki

Monday, October 29, 2012

Part II

Dear Kiwi,

I came to see you everyday when you were in the hospital.  It was really hard leaving you.  Two days after you were born, you developed jaundice - your daddy had it when he was born.  Your mom and dad were so scared.  I ran to the hospital to be with them, while the nurses put you in the incubator under the UV lights.  You were not a happy boy.  It took them a while to calm you down enough to put you in there.  I don't think your Mom and Dad slept at all that night.  Luckily, my morning your blood counts were better - so they let you come home.  You came home on Saturday, late afternoon.  Everyone was happy to be home.  Your mom and dad really needed to sleep in their own beds.  I got to hold you for a hour, while they were eating dinner and settling in.

Around 1 in the morning, you woke up screaming.  You had a gas bubble, that took awhile to get rid of.   You are eating every 3 hours or so.  You are so cute.  You love being held close, kinda of on your side and gently rocked.  Last night, Daddy slept on the floor next to the bed so he would be able to help your mommy.  They gave you a sponge bath - dad said that you enjoyed it.

Today is Day #5, mom and dad took you to medical appointments.  It took awhile for them to get ready to go.  They dressed you in a brown football sleeper with the brown hat that I knitted you.  I wanted to take a picture, but they were running late.  Hopefully, I will be able to take one when they get home.

I love holding you, kissing the top of your head.  You are wonderful.

Love,
Grandma



No comments:

Post a Comment